[aur-dev] dummy-data.sql

canyonknight canyonknight at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 09:47:17 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Marcel Korpel <marcel.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Marcel Korpel <marcel.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As FS#32986 isn't resolved yet, I can't test my typeahead-suggest
>> script. Can someone please send me (off-list) a correct version of
>> dummy-data.sql?

I can send one later today.

> On a second thought, I do have a dummy-data.sql [1], but somehow it
> isn't executed correctly. If I do `cat dummy-data.sql | mysql -uaur -p
> -v AUR` I can see the SQL commands slip by, but apparently nothing is
> inserted to my local database AUR, as shown by a database browser (and
> by the empty array my completion script returns when asking for all
> packages starting with 'a').
>
> Does anyone know why this happens?

Yes. I only fixed the problems related to character encoding of the
seed file on FS#32986 so far. So some SQL dummy data will be generated
from that.

I didn't yet fix the character encoding of data generated from the
"fortune" command for you. So gendummydata.py will stop before it
prints "COMMIT;". Without that line the SQL data won't be inserted.

All of these problems are avoided if you use a UTF-8 charset...

Regards,

Jason