[aur-dev] reinstalling an already installed app

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:53:52 EDT 2012

Hello,

this is a n00b question, but couldn't find any solution.

I use Texstudio, and it has been working fine until recently. After a
huge bunch of updates yesterday, Texstudio doesn't launch, and returns
this error:

*texstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libpoppler-qt4.so.3:

*My poppler-qt package is up to date.
*
*According to the AUR page, I shall rebuild Texstudio after my update of
libpoppler-qt. I rebuilt the package, but when I want to install, I have
a WARNING : Failed to install built package as a long list of
usr/share/texstudio files exist in filesystem.

My question is : how can I reinstall this AUR package? Shall I uninstall
it before, and how? Shall I force the install, and how? Shall I just
delete the already existing files in my filesystem?

TY for your help.