[aur-dev] reinstalling an already installed app

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Wed Jun 13 09:13:15 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is a n00b question, but couldn't find any solution.
>
> I use Texstudio, and it has been working fine until recently. After a huge
> bunch of updates yesterday, Texstudio doesn't launch, and returns this
> error:
>
> *texstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libpoppler-qt4.so.3:
>
> *My poppler-qt package is up to date.
> *
> *According to the AUR page, I shall rebuild Texstudio after my update of
> libpoppler-qt. I rebuilt the package, but when I want to install, I have a
> WARNING : Failed to install built package as a long list of
> usr/share/texstudio files exist in filesystem.
>
> My question is : how can I reinstall this AUR package? Shall I uninstall
> it before, and how? Shall I force the install, and how? Shall I just delete
> the already existing files in my filesystem?
>
> TY for your help.
>

> This isn't really a question for [aur-dev] btw, but more [arch-general]

Anyway as you can see libpoppler-qt4.so.3 is gone

[jelle at P8][~/server/Devel2]%pkgfile libpoppler-qt4.so.3
And there is .so.4 now
[jelle at P8][~/server/Devel2]%pkgfile libpoppler-qt4.so.4
extra/poppler-qt

So your application needs to rebuild so it knows about .so.4 instead of
.so.3 ( in short )

Now did you by any chance compile the package from source with using AUR?
Try to run the following command on the conflicting files

pacman -Qo  /usr/share/conflicting_files

--
Jelle van der Waa