[aur-dev] AUR Android app

Pedro Veloso pedro.n.veloso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 08:20:57 EDT 2013

My name is Pedro Veloso and I'm an Android developer for more than 3 years
now.

I would like to contribute to Arch by making an application that could
provide the user with functionality for searching packages, seeing their
details and dependencies etc. All of this in a convenient way trough a
native Android application. This application would be of course Apache
licensed (or similar one, point being I intent to open-source the whole
thing from the beginning).

For this to work I would need a working API on the server side, I did a
brief search and I found some work is already underway in that sense (
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_2) where there seems to be a
discussion on doing a REST API with OAuth authentication (which is great
because I've worked with both standards in several projects as well).
However I did not find what the current progress is on this, so that's what
I intend to find out sending this email to the aur-dev mailing list.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro