[aur-dev] Adopted sakura-bzr package

Evan Pitstick nerdx00 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:08:51 EDT 2013

Thanks for the response!

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Anatol Pomozov
<anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Evan Pitstick <nerdx00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just adopted the sakura-bzr package and as it's my first aur submission
>
> Welcome in da club!
>

> > I thought I'd request some comments. You can find the files here:
> >
> > https://github.com/xaocon/sakura-bzr/blob/master/PKGBUILD
> > https://github.com/xaocon/sakura-bzr/blob/master/sakura-bzr.install
> >
> > One question I had in particular was about adding a variable. This is
> > clearly discouraged in the documentation. I used ${pkgname%-bzr} in the
> > source URL (as well as in several other places in the PKGBUILD). The
> > website doesn't seem to parse the source line as I expected. I curious if
> > it makes more sense to also create a _pkgname var and use it instead.
> >

> I see following trick in other people's PKGBUILD, they define additional
> variable, e.g.
>
> _name=sakura
>
> and later use it as
>
> pkgname=${_name}-bzr
>
> or
>
> rm /foo/bar/${_name}
>
> All comments/suggestions welcome.
> >

> Move "sed" usage from build() to prepare() function
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Creating_Packages#The_prepare.28.29_function

I've implemented your suggestions and came across another issue. The
value sed was looking for has been changed in the bzr version. Is
there any kind of standard on what default font should be used in a
package? It seems the the official package picked a bitstream font
that doesn't even exist on my system. I thought Monospace was probably
the right pick in this case. This is what it looks like now:

https://github.com/xaocon/sakura-bzr/blob/devel/PKGBUILD