[aur-dev] Adopted sakura-bzr package

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Tue May 7 10:08:45 EDT 2013

Hi

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Evan Pitstick <nerdx00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just adopted the sakura-bzr package and as it's my first aur submission

Welcome in da club!

> I thought I'd request some comments. You can find the files here:
>
> https://github.com/xaocon/sakura-bzr/blob/master/PKGBUILD
> https://github.com/xaocon/sakura-bzr/blob/master/sakura-bzr.install
>
> One question I had in particular was about adding a variable. This is
> clearly discouraged in the documentation. I used ${pkgname%-bzr} in the
> source URL (as well as in several other places in the PKGBUILD). The
> website doesn't seem to parse the source line as I expected. I curious if
> it makes more sense to also create a _pkgname var and use it instead.

I see following trick in other people's PKGBUILD, they define additional
variable, e.g.

_name=sakura

and later use it as

pkgname=${_name}-bzr

or

rm /foo/bar/${_name}

All comments/suggestions welcome.

Move "sed" usage from build() to prepare() function
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Creating_Packages#The_prepare.28.29_function

I would suggest to move pkgver() down, next to prepare().