[aur-dev] Split package support

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sat Jan 18 09:16:36 EST 2014

Hi,

I changed my mind again and I think the next release should be 3.0.0,
bringing full meta data and split package support.

This is my idea of how split packages should be displayed:

* One page per built package. Comments, votes and maintainer information
  are shared among packages that belong to the same PKGBUILD, though.
  The delete and merge functions will also operate on package bases, not
  on built packages.

* A new pkgbase field on the package details page that is clickable and
  starts a package search on all packages belonging to the same base.

The AUR already tags packages with properties of the corresponding
binary packages (think of dependencies) and people want (need?) this, so
this seems like the right thing to do.

What do you think of that? Any objections?

Regards,
Lukas