[aur-dev] Split package support

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sat Jan 18 09:38:52 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 03:16:36PM +0100, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I changed my mind again and I think the next release should be 3.0.0,
> bringing full meta data and split package support.

Yay! Does this also mean we'll be extending the replies from the RPC
API?

> This is my idea of how split packages should be displayed:
>
> * One page per built package. Comments, votes and maintainer information
>   are shared among packages that belong to the same PKGBUILD, though.
>   The delete and merge functions will also operate on package bases, not
>   on built packages.
>
> * A new pkgbase field on the package details page that is clickable and
>   starts a package search on all packages belonging to the same base.

What about having detail pages for the pkgbase? Maybe use a new route
like /pkgbase/foobase. It could display all the comments, maintainership
info, actions, and also have direct links to the corresponding output
packages. This would make it easier to refer to packages as a whole.
I'm particularly thinking about posting on aur-general for help with
merge/delete/orphan requests. Package detail pages could then link back
to their pkgbase page.