[aur-dev] Fix for some plural strings

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Jul 21 07:16:27 EDT 2014

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 at 11:59:45, Safa Alfulaij wrote:
> Hello.
> There is "It must be between %s and %s characters long" and "Your password
> must be at least %s characters." besides the "View all %n comments".
> Please, English differs from other languages. If a string don't need to
> pluralize in English, It will need to pluralize in other languages.

These are constant as well. You might argue that the constants can be
changed by modifying the global configuration but the package submission
form will be dropped before the 4.0.0 release anyway, so there is not
much point in fixing that now.

> About "View all %s comments", There is no problem if you patch it as I
> sent. There is already an if statement that checks if $count is higher than
> 10. Hard-coding "View all %s comment" don't give any problems as it won't
> be used.

It is not a problem when displaying the string but translators might be
confused by "View all 1 comment". I currently like Sebastian's
suggestion ("View all (%d comments)") best.