[aur-dev] Remove category support

Dustin Falgout dustin at falgout.us
Fri Feb 27 12:45:17 UTC 2015

> Hi,
>
> I've seen mention of removing the categories from the AUR several times in
> aur-general, and someone mentioned that, while they serve no real purpose,
> nobody has sent patches either.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, so I thought I would put it
out there. The reason the current categories are not used is because they
suck (for lack of a better term). The current categories are too limited
and are not well suited for organizing today's packages. If the categories
were updated (renamed) I think many people would use them. I know that I
would!

Best Regards,
Dustin Falgout