[aur-dev] Remove category support

Dustin Falgout dustin at falgout.us
Fri Feb 27 13:56:40 UTC 2015

> Now that we have a patch to remove then, I guess it's time to decide if
> we'll
> remove them, or rename them once and for all.
>
> IMHO, renaming them won't solve all of the issues. There's too many things
> that
> are ambiguous, but I'm willing to see a sample of suggested categories.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
> A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
> Q: Why should I start my reply below the quoted text?

Well, I think the natural place to start is the freedesktop.org spec. I
think it makes sense to use all the main categories[1] and then choose a
few child categories from the Additional Categories[2] defined by the spec.

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
[2] http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apas02.html

Cheers!
Dustin