[aur-dev] [RFC v3] Add comment edit icon and form

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 23:50:50 UTC 2015

On Wed 08 Jul 2015 05:20 +0200, Marcel Korpel wrote:
> And what's the problem with JavaScript? Maintainability? This would be a
> great feature to progressively enhance

The proper feature to progressively enhance should be the backend AUR api, and
whatever client you wish to use/develop. I wouldn't mind if you want to use
a javascript web client if it were separate from the core AUR.

The AUR should remain simple and work cleanly in a text browser, any extra
bells and whistles should be done separately in a client. I would just hate to
see the core get bloated and overcomplicated.

Anyways, just expressing my concern, though not worth much.
He who writes the last patch is he who has the last laugh.
Thanks