[aur-dev] .SRCINFO: handling of commits lacking an update and in general

Peter Mattern pmattern at arcor.de
Sun Jul 26 12:48:04 UTC 2015

Hello.

Considering the short time AUR 4 is in use the number of commits lacking
an update of .SRCINFO seems to be rather high.
The resulting problem is a cosmetic one only as the actual PKGBUILD
functionality isn't affected but only the package's web page not updated
accordingly.
Yet I wonder whether it would be helpful to reject commits lacking the
update of .SRCINFO if feasible.

Actually I wonder as well whether it wouldn't even be better to not have
.SRCINFO written by the packagers before uploading a commit but by
aurweb when commits are received.
This would ensure that problems like the one stated above can't happen
and I for one couldn't figure a downside so far.

Regards,

Peter Mattern