[aur-dev] Difficulties setting up local aurweb server

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 15 20:49:04 UTC 2015

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 at 22:42:40, Marcel Korpel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to setup an nginx server locally for testing aurweb, but I
> encountered several difficulties.
>
> I wanted to start with a clean setup, so first, I deleted the aur user
> in my system and database and the AUR database in MySQL, that were still
> lingering around from earlier development (using Apache). Then I
> installed nginx and made these changes to /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:
>
>     server {
>         listen       8888;
>         server_name  localhost;
>
>         location / {
>             root   /srv/http/aurweb/web/html;
>             index  index.html index.htm;
>         }

You need another location block here to handle PHP files. The following
should work when using php-fpm (modulo paths, of course):

    location ~ ^/[^/]+\.php($|/) {
        fastcgi_pass   unix:/var/run/php-fpm/aurweb-fpm.sock;
        fastcgi_index  index.php;
        fastcgi_split_path_info ^(/[^/]+\.php)(/.*)$;
        fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_param  PATH_INFO        $fastcgi_path_info;
        include        fastcgi_params;
    }

Of course, you also need to setup php-fpm accordingly (basically, create
/etc/php/fpm.d/aurweb.conf and configure php-fpm to use the socket from
above).

>         location ~ .* {
>             rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php/$1 last;
>         }
>     […]
>
> [...]
> Then I stumbled upon the necessity of using OpenSSH 6.9: it's not in
> [core] and even openssh-git in the AUR let me build a version
> 6.8something. Oh well, I don't need an sshd just to tinker with the web
> interface, the dummy data will be enough, was my assumption. BTW,
> copying the instructions to generate and load the test data from an
> earlier version of INSTALL would be helpful (I've still a copy around,
> so I can create a patch, if needed).
> [...]

You can use openssh-aur from the AUR [1] in the meantime.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openssh-aur/