[aur-dev] Display of alternative source name instead of URL on packages' web pages

Christoph Gysin christoph.gysin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:03:02 UTC 2015

> Yes, this behavior is intended and I personally think it makes sense.
> The semantics of sources the form filename::url is: Obtain the file from
> the given URL but change the source name to the given file name. The
> best way to replicate this semantics in HTML is to use the URL as link
> target and use the name as link label.

Yes, I guess in the case of filename::url this makes perfect sense. In
the example of Peter though, it's more obfuscating the git url.

One way to fix this of course is to not specify an alternative name:

source=("git+https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata.git")

But this is still an invalid url. If the url starts with "git+", that
should be stripped at least from the href.

I would suggest to use:

Chris
--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org at fr33z3