[aur-dev] Display of alternative source name instead of URL on packages' web pages

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:49:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Lukas Fleischer <lfleischer at archlinux.org>
wrote:

> Yes, this behavior is intended and I personally think it makes sense.
> The semantics of sources the form filename::url is: Obtain the file from
> the given URL but change the source name to the given file name. The
> best way to replicate this semantics in HTML is to use the URL as link
> target and use the name as link label.

If anything, perhaps sources in the form "url" should also be stripped
--purely for the sake of consistency. ;)

The filename (or VCS folder) will be the last component of the url -- not
the whole url.

So when looking at the sources in HTML, perhaps the last component of the
url should be the link label.
In the case of a git url,  the ".git" at the end should also be removed.

--
Eli Schwartz