[aur-dev] Display of alternative source name instead of URL on packages' web pages

Christoph Gysin christoph.gysin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 15:41:45 UTC 2015

> git+https probably doesn't work by default but I do not see why we
> should add a special case for that and pretend that the URL "works as a
> website" while it is intended to be a Git clone URL.

We are doing the same with the URL for the package itself though:

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/cantata-git.git (read-only)

Maybe it would make sense to just turn these links into git clone
commands that can be copy pasted, like:

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/cantata-git.git

and

git clone https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata.git

Chris
--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org at fr33z3