[aur-dev] Making the AUR package list more useful

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Thu May 26 09:45:15 UTC 2016

On Tue, 24 May 2016 at 23:52:49, Xyne wrote:
> How big would such a database be? How much overhead is involved? How much
> overhead would the zsync operation introduce when people begin to regularly
> query updates?

Concatenating the .SRCINFO metadata of all AUR packages yields a file
which is roughly 20MiB in size (4MiB compressed).

There are also plans to add source package support to pacman. I do not
know yet whether we should use that for the AUR, especially since it
probably will not have support for examining PKGBUILDs before building,
but maybe we can at least use the underlying sync database schema.

Regards,
Lukas