TAP testing in Python

Frédéric Mangano-Tarumi fmang at mg0.fr
Mon Mar 23 01:03:31 UTC 2020

I’ve never used unittest, but from my experience pytest has all the
qualities you could wish for.

Lukas Fleischer [2020-03-22 17:35:23 -0400]
> How hard would it be to make pytest-tap compatible with the usual TAP
> test invocation?

I didn’t realize it at first, but since pytest-tap outputs TAP already,
a very simple shell wrapper invoking pytest with the right arguments
should be enough to integrate it with the existing test structure.

One friction point with pytest-tap is that it’s not in the official Arch
repositories, unlike all the other libraries aurweb depends on. Most
Python developers should be familiar with pip and virtualenv though, but
that’s inconsistent with the instructions in TESTING that suggest using
pacman to install Python dependencies.