Automating cleanup of AU

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Sat Dec 11 20:33:53 UTC 2021

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 03:42:17PM +0330, Amin Vakil via aur-dev wrote:

> I can recall many times NetSysFire talking about how hard maintaining wiki
> pages could be when there isn't a deletion request for an AUR package in
> #archlinux-aur.
>
> I'm not sure how they can handle this automatic deletion of packages without
> a request for it, maybe a list of automatically deleted packages suffice?
>
> Best Regards,
> Amin Vakil

:) Thanks for keeping a look out. Indeed, this is already changed
in the "next-gen" aurweb. When released, __all__ package deletions
(and merges) will either accept and close pending requests about
them or autogenerate a request and send an accepted closure notification
to the aur-requests ML. We'll keep with this flow when deleting
packages permanently (hopefully).

In addition, they are also logged out to the ASGI server now, so
even without requests, we have better tracking of what's going on.

--
Kevin Morris
Software Developer

Identities: