Questions with setting up aurweb instance

Hunter Wittenborn hunter at hunterwittenborn.com
Thu Jun 24 07:10:15 UTC 2021

On a side note, where do the Cron scripts get installed to?

Checking my crontabs with `EDITOR=nano crontab -e` after installing
cronnie is only showing a blank file, both under root and the user I
made for aurweb.

Is there anywhere else they might be installed?
---
*Hunter Wittenborn*
hunter at hunterwittenborn.com

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 2:06 am, Hunter Wittenborn via aur-dev
<aur-dev at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> I'm doing some more testing, but SMTP still isn't working.
>
> I created a testing script at /home/test.sh that contained `echo ${@}
> &> /tmp/asdf.log` so I could see if its even attempting to send mail,
> but that file didn't even get created.
>
> > If neither is working, then check out the send() function in
> aurweb/scripts/notify.py, the smtplib interactions are fairly simple
> and I'm not sure what the problem might be.
>
> Am I able to run the send function manually somehow, so I could see
> what errors it produces? I'm seeing the `aurweb-notify` command is
> available, but I'm not sure what argument I would pass it.
> ---
> *Hunter Wittenborn*
> hunter at hunterwittenborn.com <mailto:hunter at hunterwittenborn.com>
>
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 5:13 pm, Hunter Wittenborn
> <hunter at hunterwittenborn.com <mailto:hunter at hunterwittenborn.com>>
> wrote:
>> Just reporting back on the issues I had:
>>
>> The SMTP issue was due to my VPS provider blocking the standard
>> email ports (25, 465, 587). They let me get them unblocked through
>> contacting them though, and I imagine it'll work just fine after.
>>
>> Then I just need to get the TU stuff set up, but that shouldn't be
>> too hard (hopefully).
>>
>> Again, thanks!
>> ---
>> *Hunter Wittenborn*
>> hunter at hunterwittenborn.com <mailto:hunter at hunterwittenborn.com>
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 4:22 pm, Hunter Wittenborn via aur-dev
>> <aur-dev at lists.archlinux.org <mailto:aur-dev at lists.archlinux.org>>
>> wrote:
>>>  > If it is not set, then you'll need the other keys in the
>>> [notifications]
>>> section (the smtp-* ones) correctly configured for the python