[aur-general] Enforcing TU Bylaws

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 20:04:52 EST 2007

After seeing Roman's post in the pressh TU vote I think we need to
start enforcing the bylaws based on inactivity now it has become a
problem, last thread we only *just* got half of the TUs to vote in it.
I have no problem with pressh becoming a TU anyway as I don't believe
someone should miss out because of lazy TUs or TUs marked active who
are actually inactive.

To combat this I think we should put into effect the "Quorum" section
of the bylaws or at least some form of it to keep the votes up
properly. I've looked at the last three votes we had, the following
people have not voted for a long time (I don't even know who two are?)
and should really be put up for removal if they have no explanation of
their absence:

xterminus
vegai
dejari
encelo

I don't like to remove TUs but I believe this is required for us to
keep any order and keep from a snowball effect of just gathering more
and more TUs over time. If these people do not respond I think it's
best we start the removal procedure on all of them (provided people
start *VOTING*) at some point we can work out.

I also need to mention, aside from these 4 people I think there are
about a third of the TUs who MUST vote in the currently running thread
(unless of course you already have) or else they'll also have to be
added to that list.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett