[aur-general] Enforcing TU Bylaws

Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 20:17:45 EST 2007

On Wed 2007-12-19 10:04 , Callan Barrett wrote:
> After seeing Roman's post in the pressh TU vote I think we need to
> start enforcing the bylaws based on inactivity now it has become a
> problem, last thread we only *just* got half of the TUs to vote in it.
> I have no problem with pressh becoming a TU anyway as I don't believe
> someone should miss out because of lazy TUs or TUs marked active who
> are actually inactive.
>
> To combat this I think we should put into effect the "Quorum" section
> of the bylaws or at least some form of it to keep the votes up
> properly. I've looked at the last three votes we had, the following
> people have not voted for a long time (I don't even know who two are?)
> and should really be put up for removal if they have no explanation of
> their absence:
>
> xterminus
> vegai
> dejari
> encelo
>
> I don't like to remove TUs but I believe this is required for us to
> keep any order and keep from a snowball effect of just gathering more
> and more TUs over time. If these people do not respond I think it's
> best we start the removal procedure on all of them (provided people
> start *VOTING*) at some point we can work out.
>
> I also need to mention, aside from these 4 people I think there are
> about a third of the TUs who MUST vote in the currently running thread
> (unless of course you already have) or else they'll also have to be
> added to that list.

FYI Encelo flagged himself as Inactive long time ago.
( http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users#encelo )

I think we should open a "ping thread" were TUs must reply in say, 2 weeks,
otherwise they will be flagged as Inactive (!= Removed).

--
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino
Arch Linux Trusted User

Please send personal email to themolok at gmail.com

Public Key http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFE0270FB
GPG Key ID = 1024D / FE0270FB 2007-04-11
Key Fingerprint = 9AF8 9011 F271 450D 59CF  2D7D 96C9 8F2A FE02 70FB