[aur-general] Enforcing TU Bylaws

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 05:22:40 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 6:27 PM, Leslie P. Polzer <leslie.polzer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Yuk. For god's sake, please propose something more constructive, like
> a change of the quorum rules. I still do some TU stuff occassionally,
> although I don't vote right now.

Why not? Are you marked as inactive?

The rules aren't a problem, the problem is TUs being lazy about voting
for new TUs which is a *really* important part of this system. I've
talked to vegai and I agree with him that the activity people have on
the AUR should also be a factor but fact is it's not the only part of
this system. You update your packages? Great. You don't bother being
involved with the selection of new Trusted Users? Unless you're marked
explicitly as inactive you shouldn't be able to skip votes because
you're not bothered.

A bunch of more or less inactive TUs *is* a bad thing, they *do* mess
up votes because of the quorum and the quorum should be in effect
because without it as little as one person voting could result in a
new TU otherwise.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett