[aur-general] VOTE: pressh (Ronald van Haren)

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 07:15:41 EST 2007

2007/12/18, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
> 2007/12/11, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
> > 2007/12/6, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > This message starts a voting period for pressh (Ronald van Haren).
> > > His introduction is here:
> > > http://archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2007-November/006260.html
> > > The discussion period was extremly quiet (0 messages!), I encourage
> > > you to be more active! (see previous threads for a reason). ;-)
> > >
> > > Now, let the voting begins!
> > >
> > > And for the first time in the history - I vote in the starting message
> > > (I always forgot before). :-P
> > >
> > > My vote is, obviously, Yes.
> > >
> > > You have 1 week to vote.
> > >

> > Only 16 TUs voted. You have 2 days left, please be more active!
>
> total - 33
> active - 31 "officially", ~27 in reality
> voted - 18
> yes - 16
> abstain - 2
>
> According to TU Bylaws we have not reached the quorum. This is what I
> was worried about in past.
> Please be more active!
>
> Given the fact that the majority of active TUs voted and majority of
> votes were "yes" I think it is reasonable to bring pressh into our
> group.
> If someone objects - please specify reasons.
> AFAIR we already had a couple of discussions about the status and
> future of TU Bylaws - I think it's time to produce a some result from
> them now, because if we'll follow our current TU Bylaws strictly and
> there still will be problems with quorum - they became a limiting
> factor.
>
> If someone of TUs not voted in this thread wants to do this now -
> you're welcome.
> All discussions about TU Bylaws and the current situation with TUs
> becoming inactive without a notice message on this ML - please create
> another thread.
>
> I doubt I could take part in them because of reasons I will post
> shortly on all general MLs.
> Bye all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Well, noone responded here and pressh is still not yet officially a
TU, which is not a good thing.
Since noone objected I assume everyone is fine with welcoming Ronald
to our community. ;-)
@Ronald: sorry, this took so much time... Welcome abroad!

Now you have to:
1. send the output of htpasswd -n <userid> to Simo (htpasswd is in
apache package AFAIR)
2. contact Eric to change your account on forums
3. ask some TU for the #archlinux-tu @ freenode key
(I'm not sure if you can catch me because of my "no internet" status)
4. add yourself to http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users
5. read http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines
  and http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AURtools_Tutorial again
6. start contributing!