[aur-general] Flashplugin DRM free?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:20:32 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:13 PM, JaDa <jada at usalug.net> wrote:
> I need some help and ideas, because the new Flashplugin 9.0.124.0 comes with
> DRM.
>  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16293
>
>  Is it legal, if we crack it and build a DRM free Flashplugin?

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. If you mean that
flashplugin *support* DRM media, then what is the problem with that?
Are you suggesting that I should not be allowed to play files I
purchased which have DRM? While the technology is shitty, I'm sure we
all agree, there's no real reason to get rid of applications which
will play/support DRM'd media.

If the installer itself is DRM'd, that's a different story.