[aur-general] Flashplugin DRM free?

JaDa jada at usalug.net
Wed Apr 9 22:43:01 EDT 2008

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:20:32 -0700, Aaron Griffin
<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:13 PM, JaDa <jada at usalug.net> wrote:
>> I need some help and ideas, because the new Flashplugin 9.0.124.0 comes
>> with
>> DRM.
>>  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16293
>>
>>  Is it legal, if we crack it and build a DRM free Flashplugin?
>

> If the installer itself is DRM'd, that's a different story.

I like to get it DRM free, because I don't know what DRM really does. Off
course if someone like it with DRM support that will be no problem for me.
But I am sure many people don't like DRM.

> I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. If you mean that
> flashplugin *support* DRM media, then what is the problem with that?

The reason is, that many Websites depend on Flashpluin 8 & higher.
Alternative "Gnash" Builds are not ready for it.

Is it legal, to crack Adobe Flash 9 and build a DRM free Flashplugin
package?  Then keep this package in AUR for those people how don't like
DRM?

--
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.