[aur-general] whoops

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 07:23:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:01:52 -0400
"Jason Tarbet" <nochternus at gmail.com> wrote:

> After renaming the package to the recommended zaptel.tar.gz I am getting the
> same error.  Is it a problem with the interface, or could the permissions
> gotten b0rked for that subdirectory structure?
>
> I did have success with my asterisk package which makes me wonder if it is
> just as I stated above... could be that there is a glitch in the way aur is
> handling that stuff, or maybe some how I got taken off as the maintainer?
> Although originally that yielded a 'you do not have sufficient privileges to
> overwrite that package" so I don't think that is the case either.
>
> just spit-balling without any real knowledge of how it's all setup on the
> backside.

I think all we can do is spit-ball. I've done some more testing on my
local instance of AUR and everything seems to be working fine.
There's some really odd behaviour when testing on aur.archlinux.org
though.

The only way I can think of debugging this is to directly look at the
AUR database and filesystem. Unfortunately I don't have access to that.

It seems that AUR is unable to delete the old files properly so
that it can upload new files.