[aur-general] TU Resignation

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 04:59:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Sebastian <sebnow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> With the heavy university load I will have this semester, I don't think I'll
> manage to keep up with the mailing list and updating packages. I have mostly
> stopped using Linux altogether, and the install that I do have is a bit of a
> mess, so maintaining packages has become more of a nuisance than something I
> enjoy. I wanted to become a TU mainly to learn the workflow of a TU and
> generally just find out how the AUR works from the perspective of a TU, in
> order to develop AUR2. I think I have mostly done that, but AUR2 development
> has ceased. Hopefully I (or someone else ;) ) will pick it up and finish it
> off. I just don't have the time right now.

Best of luck with your studies, and I'm sure you'll be back!

You are right in that sometimes building a package just seems
like a chore ... especially if there are real life issues that
take priority. I've started looking at automating the package
building process so that I can keep up (my third year in uni
is starting this month!)

Thanks for all your work.

Cheers,

Abhishek