[aur-general] a little PKGBUILD help please?

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:38:14 EDT 2008

2008/8/12  <scrawler at gmail.com>:
> thanks, but I don't think that will work.  There are
> multiple makefiles with the form "make_platform" then
> in the build section there's "make -f make_platform" so
> "make -f make_$CARCH" won't work.  I was thinking that
> it would require something like
>
> - parse the src directory and list the makefiles
> - available have the user choose from a list have the
> - choice inserted at the right spot in the PKGBUILD.

I suppose you mean your newlisp PKGBUILD?
If the 64 bit and 32 bit have separate makefiles then keeping
this in build() should do:

if [ "$CARCH" == "i686" ]; then
 make -f make_whatever
else
 make -f make_else
fi

Also replace $startdir/src and $startdir/pkg with
$srcdir and $pkgdir respectively. While the former
will work for some time, $pkgdir is preferred as of
version makepkg 3.2.0. Manual pages should also
be installed to /usr/share/man  instead of /usr/man.

You should also use namcap (pacman -S namcap)
which points out problems/missing information in
PKGBUILDs.

HTH,
Abhishek