[aur-general] UID/GID reservation request for pulseaudio

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 08:33:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:47 PM, bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope this is the right ML for asking this... another mail will
> follow with a similar request for vlock.

So, after almost two weeks, I have to suppose this isn't the right
place. Where/who should I ask? Who's in charge of this? Maybe some dev
can forward this mail (and the vlock one) to arch-dev-public?

> I'm pulseaudio's maintainer in [community]. This package needs one
> user (pulse) and three groups (pulse, pulse-access, realtime) to work,
> but I couldn't find suggested ids for them. I didn't change the values
> I found when I inherited the package, so at the moment we have id 130
> for pulse user and group and 131 for pulse-access. The 'realtime'
> group was added only recently, replacing the old pulse-rt, which had
> 132, and doesn't have any assigned gid, which is *bad*.

Small correction: realtime has to be removed in favour of pulse-rt,
and this should be final.

> It would be good to officially reserve a few ids for this package
> (130, 131 and 132, maybe?), also considering this package should
> someday go to extra...

About this last point, I think it was discussed a few times, and if I
remember correctly Jan was the one who should have taken ownership to
replace esd... will it happen anytime soon?

Thanks,
Corrado