[aur-general] non-http aur access

wakeup wakeup at erehwon.de
Mon Aug 18 10:16:57 EDT 2008

Thank you for the replies first off, but I think you misunderstood me.

I do realize that it is possible to write those CLI-tools with a lot of
shell-hacking and excessive use of various string manipulation tools.
You have to see though, that this is a pain for devs! I do not think
AUR's web interface represents the Arch way (keeping it simple) good
enough, because it makes writing a light client much more difficult than
it has to be.
Of course one can access the AUR via CLI, but it sure is not the simple
way.

Think of the other benefits a client/server model brings with it, like
bigger scalability through mirroring (and in general) or the
possibility to choose your favorite client.

cheers,
wakeup
--
An Ashanti Proverb from Ghana - It is because of beauty, that is why the
woman holds her breasts when she runs, not because the breasts are going