[aur-general] Applying for TU-ship

stefan-husmann at t-online.de stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Wed Aug 20 14:58:52 EDT 2008

Hello,

Sorry.

>Besides that I took a quick look at some of your packages (started in
>alphabetical order I came to dia-svn if someone wants to check
>further).
>Some remarks:

>- The # $ID line has no use for packages in unsupported. If you adopt
>a package which has been dropped into unsupported you can safely
>remove that line on the first update you do.
Okay, I will do so.

>- aumix needs a conflicts and provides field with aumix-gtk in
>community. Besides that the comment that is still there from the time
>it was in extra is a bit confusing.
Done.

>- '# Adopted by:' is no valid field. See for example autoaur
Will change it to another Contributor line.

>-  A lot of packages have only arch=('i686') set. Please try to verify
>if it also works on x86_64.
How can I do that? I have no access to a x86_64 machine. If a user
reports that he successfully compiled it, I add the architecture to the
arch-array.

>- In biblatex you can create the directories with one install command
>like
>install -d
>$pkgdir/opt/texlive/texmf-local/{bibtex,doc/biblatex,tex/latex/biblatex}
>Same yields for biblatex-dw.
I know that, but I do not think that this is convenient. In the way with
the three lines it is easier to understand I think.

>- In biblatex, LPPL is a custom license, so the license field should
>read
>license=('custom: LPPL'). Same for biblatex-dw
LPPL is a common license. I made a feature request about that some time
ago.

>- Don't use the replaces field in bibledesktop-devel. For these cases
>conflicts and provides is enough (see man PKGBUILD)
Will fix that with next update. They update at least once a week.

>- try to follow the cvs guidelines in the build part of bluefish-cvs
I will try.

>- in bmeps: license field should read license=('BSD') not custom:BSD
The same may apply for dklibs, i guess.

>- concordance: don't use echo inside the build function. If you don't
>know the license, use license=('unknown') or something.
The author drops no word about license issues. Done.

>- Try to avoid using cp for copying one file. Use install instead in
>ctwm.
Done.

>- don't use the replaces field in dia-svn.
I will build a new revision at once, fixing this.

Regards, Stefan