[aur-general] makepkg 3.2.1 testing

G_Syme demichan at mail.upb.de
Sun Aug 24 04:41:43 EDT 2008

On Sunday 24 August 2008 03:42:05 Xavier wrote:
> [...]
> For FS#11292 (handling multiple source files which have the same
> name), a new feature had to be introduced.
> it is now possible to use the filename of your choice for remote
> sources, like this :
> source=('filename::http://path/to/file')
> This allows to handle multiple source files with same name, and also
> to handle more nicely weird URLs like
> http://www.vim.org/scripts/download_script.php?src_id=6992.

I've tried the above feature with a modified version of my
eclipse-subversive-svn-connector package (attached).

I've got the following behavior from makepkg:
After clearing my local makepkg source cache I try to run:

$ makepkg -g
==> Retrieving Sources...
  -> Downloading feature.jar...
--2008-08-24 10:22:46--  http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/update-site/features/org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_2.0.3.I20080814-1500.jar
Resolving www.polarion.org...
Connecting to www.polarion.org||:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 16510 (16K) [application/java-archive]
Saving to: `org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_2.0.3.I20080814-1500.jar'

100%[======================================>] 16,510      --.-K/s   in 0.1s

2008-08-24 10:22:47 (109 KB/s) - `org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_2.0.3.I20080814-1500.jar' saved [16510/16510]

  -> Downloading plugin.jar...
--2008-08-24 10:22:47--  http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/update-site/plugins/org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_2.0.3.I20080814-1500.jar
Resolving www.polarion.org...
Connecting to www.polarion.org||:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable

    The file is already fully retrieved; nothing to do.

==> Generating checksums for source files...

md5sums=(==> ERROR: Unable to find source file feature.jar to generate checksum.

The "Saving to" Part indicates where the problem seems to occur.
The content of my source directory after that:
$ ls -l $srcdir
feature.jar -> $SRCDEST/feature.jar
plugin.jar -> $SRCDEST/plugin.jar

If I then take a look at my local makepkg source cache...:

Therefore makepkg -g cannot find feature.jar or plugin.jar and so it still
cannot distinguish between the two source files.

Hope the info helps!
-------------- next part --------------
pkgdesc="Subversive SVN Connectors"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
source=("feature.jar::http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/${pkgver%.*.*}/update-site/features/org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_${pkgver//_/-}.jar" \

build() {
  install -D -m644 $srcdir/feature.jar $pkgdir/$ECLIPSE_HOME/features/org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_${pkgver//_/-}.jar
  install -D -m644 $srcdir/plugin.jar $pkgdir/$ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_${pkgver//_/-}.jar

More information about the aur-general mailing list