[aur-general] Fwd: [pacman-dev] makepkg 3.2.1 testing
shiningxc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 07:25:02 EDT 2008
I only sent this answer to pacman-dev and forgot aur-general...
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: [pacman-dev] [aur-general] makepkg 3.2.1 testing
To: Discussion list for pacman development <pacman-dev at archlinux.org>
On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> I've got the following behavior from makepkg:
>> After clearing my local makepkg source cache I try to run:
>> $ makepkg -g
>> ==> Retrieving Sources...
>> -> Downloading feature.jar...
>> --2008-08-24 10:22:46--
>> Resolving www.polarion.org... 220.127.116.11
>> Connecting to www.polarion.org|18.104.22.168|:80... connected.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
>> Length: 16510 (16K) [application/java-archive]
>> Saving to:
>> 100%[======================================>] 16,510 --.-K/s in
>> 2008-08-24 10:22:47 (109 KB/s) -
>> `org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_2.0.3.I20080814-1500.jar' saved
> What is really strange here is that makepkg isn't even saving the file to
> <name>.part. I don't understand this.
Good catch, this made me guess the problem without even looking at makepkg.
The problem is that I just broke the compatibility with the old
DLAGENTS array (pre 3.2.0).
The old scheme :
'http::/usr/bin/wget -c -t 3 --waitretry=3'
The new one :
'http::/usr/bin/wget -c -t 3 --waitretry=3 -O %o %u'
To G_Syme : you need to merge your makepkg.conf.new file to get the
new syntax above. After that, it should work perfectly.
I am not sure that it is worth supporting the old DLAGENTS array for
this new filename feature, but at least makepkg should exit more
gracefully and warn about the problem.
More information about the aur-general