[aur-general] Hello (and kbib and yazpp packages)

Peter Lewis prlewis at letterboxes.org
Sun Aug 24 19:22:37 EDT 2008

Hi Ronald,

On Sunday 24 August 2008 11:29:32 Ronald van Haren wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Peter Lewis <prlewis at letterboxes.org> wrote:
> > I'm pretty new to Arch, so thought I'd say hi.
> >
> > Anyway, so just thought I'd say hi, and if anyone has any feedback on these first two packages, that'd be much appreciated.
> >
> Hi! ...and welcome

Thanks!

> - The maintainer line is only for binary packages in one of our repos.
> For packages in unsupported only use the contributor lines.
>
> - you don't need to put packages in makedepends if they are already in depends
>
> - if you patch, include the patch in the source line (and md5sums),
> and issue the patch from $srcdir (see nextpoint) and not $startdir
>
> - to save you some typing in the future, you can use $srcdir and
> $pkgdir instead of $startdir/src and $startdir/pkg

Thanks for the pointers. I've made some changes which I think reflect what you said.

I have to say that although I've used Debian and Debian-based distros, SUSE and Gentoo for years off and on, and I've never quite managed to figure out how to create packages that work properly.... I like the Arch approach :-)

Pete.