[aur-general] Proposed rules for packages entering [community]

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Mon Dec 1 00:00:40 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 05:52, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for taking the initiative to put this forward Allan.
> I really think we've had enough discussion about this topic.
> Nevertheless the motion requires a set discussion period and voting period.
>
> How about five days discussion, and five days voting?

I think we also need to discuss the vote procedure.
Even if totally dislike the general idea, if the 10 votes/1% rule went
to something "easier", It would be a lot easier for me to accept it.
But maybe that this new rule will cause many more votes...

Anyway, I still quite don't get where the problem is with
"non-popular" packages in [community], and how this measure would
really be helpful compared to many others. I won't repeat myself any
longer, please refer to IRC logs :)

--
Geoffroy Carrier