[aur-general] Circle that A (WAS: Re: Someone hug sergej)

w9ya w9ya at qrparci.net
Thu Dec 4 09:18:59 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> kludge wrote:
>
>> what i see is not folks trying to develop a plan of action that suits
>> the needs of all stake-holders.  i see a few personalities trying to
>> impose their agendas by winning arguments. (greg *cough* allan *cough*
>> loui *cough*) please y'all, consider the possibility that *your*
>> brilliant idea may not be the *only* brilliant idea out there.
>>

> For sure, but I have yet to see any other idea proposed apart from "do
> nothing".  And what I have put forward for the vote is very much appeasing
> others concerns.  e.g. no current packages being for to be removed due to
> not passing the new criteria.
>
> Allan

Two short comments Allan;

1 - I have made a few other ideas known in my emails. And there have been
others as well.

2 - You even addressed one of these other ideas in a chat with me on the
TU's irc channel. As I recall you said you did not like asking for funds
(fundraising) IF there should be a need for improved resources in the
future. <- Of course the real issue is that regardless of how much your
proposal might reduce hard drive loading (for instance), eventually the hard
drive will fill up anyways. Then, if you are NOT prepared to raise or
otherwise garner funds to replace it, you end up needing to trim even more
packages from the repo. (And yes you and I discussed this as well on the
TU's irc channel this past week.)

Bob FInch