[aur-general] Circle that A

w9ya w9ya at qrparci.net
Thu Dec 4 13:01:56 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 05:58:47AM -0700, w9ya wrote:
> >> Could you please take a moment to fill us in on what other things you
> feel
> >> needs "to be done" ?
> >
> > They've been said already but here are some for you:
> > 1. Clean up [community].
> > 2. Improve community scripts.
> > 3. Move the repo to a faster SCM.
>
> Oh there's way more than that. Let me make a point here that Loui,
> Callan, Simo, Dan, and myself do the coding work here. As far as I can
> tell, all of us prefer this proposal. Keep that in mind - the people
> doing work *for you* to make your lives easier, want some moderation
> on this system before it gets out of hand. People will *always* abuse
> a system with no rules.

There has been only one person we have had to deal with by discipline in 5
years. I woudl say that speaks well for the system we currently have.

I was taken to task in the message you make a quote form above for "wild
claims", yet you wnat this becuase you are waiting for things to get "out of
hand".

Hmmmm.

> You guys are more than free to do whatever you want, but as long as
> you're running on the ArchLinux server, using code written by
> ArchLinux developers, then our opinions should matter.

They do matter. And when I have asked YOU for details, you have not
illuminated upon them with details. You still speak in generalities and
prophesties, while I am being criticized for doing that as a response to
your proposal.

When I voice an opinion I am told I am making "wild claims", yet your entire
proposal is based on a claim that things "will get out of hand". In 5 years
they have not gotten out of hand. IN fact the evidence is that this proposal
is NOT needed at this time becuase there is NO resource issue at this time.

> Please refrain from replying in novels too - it's too hard to digest.
> Being succinct is a skill.

You have been very distinct. But alas that is easy when you do not give
details. When I was asked for details I did the polite thing and reply with
details. Then within a few days you guys write as it you haven't seen them
yet I am critized for being too wordy and so forth and so on. <- Nice
debating trick, but nothing more. People reading these things can see
through that.

**** Look, I have now said this three times. No one is upset at what you do
and we ALL appreciate it. And yes we would like to know more details about
what you want to do. PLEASE supply them, in detail, and let US decide what
should be first. The coding changes SHOULD be first. Alternative proposals,
like fund raising dirves to improve the resource WHEN they are ready to be
upgraded SHOULD be first. <- Now these are MY thoughts, but others agree
with them. They have said so in the past weeks.

And yes the order of when and how these proposals are considered DOES
matter.

Is that so hard to accept ?

Regards;

Bob Finch