[aur-general] Circle that A

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 13:12:00 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:01 PM, w9ya <w9ya at qrparci.net> wrote:
> **** Look, I have now said this three times. No one is upset at what you do
> and we ALL appreciate it. And yes we would like to know more details about
> what you want to do. PLEASE supply them, in detail, and let US decide what
> should be first. The coding changes SHOULD be first. Alternative proposals,
> like fund raising dirves to improve the resource WHEN they are ready to be
> upgraded SHOULD be first. <- Now these are MY thoughts, but others agree
> with them. They have said so in the past weeks.

It's not even about resources anymore. We spent over $2000 of donation
money to fix our resource issue. I don't want to see it happen
again... quite frankly, we can't afford it. Couple this with the fact
that we NEED to produce source tarballs for packages (INCLUDING those
in community), we're going to run into a space limitation soon.

Seriously, proper GPL compliance is more of an issue to me that the
community repo. If I have to set server-side restrictions on the sizes
of repos to account for this, I will. At that time proposals of this
nature WILL be important.