[aur-general] Donations and upgrades

kludge drkludge at rat-patrol.org
Thu Dec 4 16:16:13 EST 2008

w9ya wrote:
> So, yeah, now is the time for Aaron to consider such an approach. And
> IMHO it is something to consider BEFORE asking us to consider the
> current proposal from Allan/Lou. HECK , I can't even get Aaron to ask me
> for money I said I would donate.

well, i wouldn't want to push any decisions too momentously on anyone.
forming a legally recognized organization and going 501(c)(3) or
fiscally sponsored is a big deal.  takes *at least* a year and a lot of

if aaron et al. do decide to go that route, i'd be happy to offer what
advice and experience i have, but ianal and iananpoa (n_on-p_rofit
o_rganization a_adminstrator).

also, if this dicussion goes any further, it should probably move to
arch general or the forum.


More information about the aur-general mailing list