[aur-general] TU Removal - Bob Finch

w9ya w9ya at qrparci.net
Thu Dec 18 23:43:15 EST 2008

Allan;

A - Your attempt to make my pending resignation something to be decided by a
vote has succeeded in validating, in the simplest of examples, my belief
that the TU system is in the process of deteriorating.

Allan, a resignation should ALWAYS be treated with the utmost respect. It
should NOT be subject to a vote as it is a personal and NOT a group
decision. It should never be cheapened with what you attempt below, more
especially since you could have easily waited a day, as others were willing
to do, for my resignation.

B - Your unilaterally removing my access without this vote having taken
place first was NOT your decision to make. Because;

As you correctly say below; any TU currently has a right to remove anything
he contributes. Nothing more than exactly this has taken place so far. There
are no security issues or personal issues that concern either you or any
other TU as relates to ANYTHING I or Daenyth have done in preparation for my
resignation.

C - I actually deleted NO PKGBUILDs from the AUR as your email below
indicates, but rather asked for the removal of my contributions to (only)
the binary repo which Daenyth's told you earlier today in a public email.
These removals were done for two reasons;

1 - It was very much in the spirit of the latest changes in the bylaws to
trim unnecessary/unused packages from the community repo.

2 - I intend to do exactly what Aaron G. asked for in his first email posted
in the public discussions that lead up to the latest changes in the bylaws.
He said he wanted people to host their own repos instead of using the
community repo for what he envisioned as personal use (only a few or no
votes for packages). I agreed that this was certainly possible and said as
much at the time. So I will be doing **exactly** that in light of the latest
rulings, his wishes as the project leader, and my agreement that this could
well be the perfect solution to the issues at hand. As you can well imagine
it would be a support nightmare for everyone, yourself included, if such
packages remained in two places. So all of us that spoke about this on the
TU irc channel within the last day agreed to go ahead with this course as it
has unfolded.

So please consider this email my resignation. albeit a day earlier than
anticipated.

I am also happy to have left a financial donation. This I did well over a
week ago before the voting had gotten into full swing and in preparation for
leaving. (Since Aaron had said that donations were part of his personal
income tax filings I left considerably less than I might have otherwise.)

Regards;

Bob Finch