[aur-general] Looking for a KDE maintainer

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Dec 28 05:55:05 EST 2008

Hi TUs,

a long time ago I announced that I was looking for some help maintaining KDE:
[1]. Finally I worte to aur-general to get some feedback form you, the Trusted
Users.

To reduce my workload and make the KDE packages even better I am looking for
someone to support me. Just to make things clear: I don't need someone to just
build or upload packages. All this including simple pkgver bumping and md5sums
update is already automated: [4].

With a major update every 6 and a minor update every month this shouldn't be
handeld by only one single person (that's me) anymore.

So, what would be your tasks?
* Prepare and test KDE 4.2 (see [2])
* add and maintain new (and old) dependencies
* check and fix existent dependencies
* fix bugs which are reported by users
* prepare, test and finally implement splitted packages

A simple Todo list with some notes about the unstable repo and schedule can be
found at [3]

I am looking for someone, who
* is a TU and therefore has packaging experience
* likes and uses KDE (of course)
* is able to work on his own (means, don't ask me what to do next for every
little step ;-))
* should have enough time to work mainly on KDE
* likes to work in a small team
* is reliable

Don't take this list too serious. Even if you don't match all of this items,
just write me if you are interested. If you have further questions you should
answer this mail and send it to aur-general.

Greetings,

Pierre

PS: And don't worry. Even if I don't find someone to help me with KDE, it
wouldn't mean the end of the world. I'll still try to provide you the best KDE
packages for Arch. :-)

[1] http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-November/009126.html
[2] http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-December/009538.html
[3] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:KDE