[aur-general] Resignation from Dev/TU position

Varun Acharya ganja.guru.x64 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:00:04 EST 2008

Hi guys,

After a lot of thought, I've realised I've reached a point where I
don't have the time and energy to contribute to Arch anymore. I'm at a
transitional period from an intern to a practicing dentist(2 months to
go), and a lot of work needs to be done, all of which requires a good
amount of my time. I also will be travelling on business/education a
lot this year, and for a good amount of time will not have access to
any linux box to do Arch related work. And most importantly, I have to
do a huge amount of studying this year to write a couple of board
exams in the latter part of the year. I've tried balancing my schedule
to get more time with arch in, but it doesn't seem to be working out
too well, and I clearly need to focus on my profession. I don't want
to see the quality of my packages suffer or my packages being out of
date for long periods of time, so I decided that the best thing for me
to do would be to step down at this point. The packages I've disowned
and which are up for grabs are (luckily not too many):

foobillard
libbtctl
bladeenc
dvdbackup
handbrake
miro
showimg
smplayer (-rc currently in testing)
smplayer-themes
d4x
deluge
firestarter
nicotine
transmisson
wicd
gspcav1

I do hope I can set things right in my life and rejoin you guys
sometime in (hopefully not too distant) the future. I will of course
continue to use Arch all the time :) and try to help out occasionally
when x86_64 difflist goes out of control :). Good luck to Aaron and
the rest of the dev team, and all the TU's. Its been awesome.

Regards,
Varun "ganja_guru" Acharya