[aur-general] license issues with google-earth in [community]?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Feb 18 05:32:26 EST 2008

Hi,

I just noticed that there is google-earth in our repos. I am not an expert in
such things, but distributing such software does not seem to be allowed. The
license says:

You agree that you will not, and will not allow any third party to, (i) copy,
sell, license, distribute, transfer, modify, adapt, translate, prepare
derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise
attempt to derive source code from the Software, unless otherwise permitted,
(ii) take any action to circumvent or defeat the security or content usage
rules provided, deployed or enforced by any functionality (including without
limitation digital rights management functionality) contained in the
Software, (iii) use the Software to access, copy, transfer, transcode or
retransmit content in violation of any law or third party rights, or (iv)
remove, obscure, or alter Google's copyright notices, trademarks, or other
proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in
conjunction with or through the Software.

Pierre

--
http://www.archlinux.de