[aur-general] license issues with google-earth in [community]?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:43:44 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 4:13 PM,  <w9ya at qrparci.net> wrote:
> 1 - How does one get this "restored" to the AUR (unsupported) as opposed
> to merely re-tagging it into the community repo ? I ask this because I am
> NOT sure how things are either done *OR* laid out. (As far as I can
> determine, from this location, things are not stored the same. More
> importantly since I cannot get to this package from the AUR web interface
> it is not clear to me how a restore other than starting over is to take
> place.)

Community and the AUR are two separate entities, which happen to work
together. One would assume it's fairly trivial to checkout a directory
from CVS, and create a tarball from it to upload to the AUR exactly as
one would submit a package normally. It is impossible to "restore" it
because it was completely removed from the AUR when you moved it to
the community repo.

> 2 - Will a procedure you provide me restore the 250 some odd votes this
> package received ?

Not possible. As I said, the votes were lost when the package was
removed from the AUR by the simple fact of it moving to community.