[aur-general] AUR Release 1.5.0

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:54:08 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  As I said before, because we are using git, it is actually much more
>  beneficial to have one person with the "reins" to push things out.
>  Most companies work this way - they have a team of "release engineers"
>  (or some other nonsense title) that pull things from a staging box
>  that developers have access to to the production box. Because we only
>  have one production box, it'd be nice if we could not actually treat
>  it as if it were staging - that's how we break things

That may be true in a big company with lots of developers or a
community with a lot of contributors, but I think with a small number
of developers it would probably be more beneficial for them to have
commit access to help keep development rolling. At least there's a
smaller risk of breaking things when a few have their hands on the
same box rather than many hands on the same box.