[aur-general] Can it be done?

Collin adderd at kkmfg.com
Tue Feb 26 13:13:28 EST 2008

NOTE: This is my first actual fresh pkgbuild. What a way to start!

I've been looking into creating a package for FreePBX. However, I'm now
wondering if it can be done with the pkgbuild system. The problem is
that FreePBX wants a # of changes to a variety of packages (namely,
mysql, apache, and php) and it wants to check to see that those changes
are done before it installs. For instance, it wants mysql to already
have a user account and PW for it as well as tables setup, etc. It seems
like it might be difficult to make a package first add a bunch of system
changes and then install the files. Is this possible to do?

I'm thinking that my only hope would be to patch the FreePBX installer
so that it no longer checks and instead make all of the necessary
changes in an .install file which would run after the package is
installed, correct?

It would have been helpful if there was much of any documentation on how
to go about building packages. But, I can't seem to find much of
anything concrete.