[aur-general] Can a fresh TU sponsor requests [was:Applying to become TU]

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:34:06 EST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 11:24 PM, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:
> My 2 cents:
> I certainly think it should be possible. In my opinion you are elected as a
> TU, and not a TU trainee. See it in this way.
> If you get a new job it is also possible for you to propose changes. At your
> proposals should be looked upon in greater care (however it is always
> important to look at it with care), but you are allowed to propose things.
> That is what in my opinion is exactly what should happen. We have a voting
> mechanism, every TU is allowed to vote (actually I think you should vote)
> yes, no, or abstain. So if you think someone should not make a good new TU,
> you should vote NO. It is that easy.

I think I have to agree with Ronald that there is, of course, nothing
stopping people from voting no if they do not agree with the
sponsorship of a new TU. As long as we have that choice there really
isn't anything stopping a TU no matter how new from sponsoring
another.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett