[aur-general] orphaned packages in community

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 08:03:14 EST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 1:29 PM, bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/1/11, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com>:
> > Before giving the list of the remaining packages, I would like to ask if
> > someone has any interest in maintaining all of the e17 packages ? If no
> one
> > steps up we should discuss what we want to do with e17.
>
> I don't think there are TUs interested in e17... otherwise we would
> have heard from them. Did you try to contact the takhis repo
> maintainer? It looks like he's still updating the packages, and he's
> also AUR's maintainer (nickname: reverie).

I have just send reverie a mail. For future reference, as he may contact
the aur-general mailing list directly, here is the relevant part:

>>Currently we are busy with a [community] repo cleanup (for details see the
aur-general mailing list). >>Sadly e17 group is among the currently orphaned
packages and until now no TU has stepped up to >>take maintainership over
it. As such, we are currently looking for someone to maintain them.

>>It seems you are doing good work with your private e17 repo, people really
seem to enjoy using it. >>Had a quick glance over your CVS PKGBUILDs, and
they seem to be in good shape (though license is >>an array).
>>Anyways, I have a couple of questions for you:
>>
>>Are you willing to become a TU to maintain e17 in community ?
>>Are you able to build both for i686 and x86_64, and if not are you willing
to use aaron's x86_64 build >>machine if needed ?
>>What is your point of view on what we should provide of e17 in community ?
Stable snapshots, or cvs >>versions ?

>>Other questions come to mind at a later stadium. Of course you will have
to go through the same >>procedure to become a TU as everyone else.